Pictured: Joe Stewart (Shop Foreman, The Brighton Garage) and Jesse Higbee (Territory Sales Manager, Auto-Wares Group of Companies)
Every year Auto-Wares Group of Companies chooses one Technician from their Certified Service Center Network to represent them at an all-expenses paid trip to the National Alliance Technician of the Year competition. Auto-Wares Group of Companies is proud to announce their 2022 Technician of the Year as Joe Stewart. Joe Stewart is the Shop Foreman at The Brighton Garage in Brighton, Michigan, an Auto Value Certified Service Center since April 2021.
This year, the National Alliance Technician of the Year competition will be held July 11-14, 2022, in Detroit, Michigan – The Motor City. In 2021 the competition brought together 12 individuals from across North America, and 2022 is expected to bring together a similar number. Joe and the other finalists will take a live custom ASE Technician of the Year exam, where a winner will be determined based on the highest final test score. The trip also includes visits to the Henry Ford Museum, The Ford Rouge Factory Tour, and an opportunity to drive on the M1 Concourse track.
Dinner revealed the greatest surprise of the event – all 11 technician finalists and their guests are headed to Las Vegas where the 2022 Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year winner will be announced on stage at the Jackpot Convention in Las Vegas during AAPEX.
Tech of the Year brings out the best in our network each year. This year was no exception, and it didn’t take long to realize that Joe’s level of training, experience, and professionalism is exactly what we are looking forDan Hosler, Certified Service Center Program Manager for Auto-Wares
Finalists were judged based on a combination of training hours attended, variety of education received, volunteer/extra-curricular activity participation, passion for the industry, along with reference letters and letters of recommendation. “Tech of the Year brings out the best in our network each year. This year was no exception, and it didn’t take long to realize that Joe’s level of training, experience, and professionalism is exactly what we are looking for” said Dan Hosler, Certified Service Center Program Manager for Auto-Wares.
The Brighton Garage is part of The Detroit Garage Auto Family, a group of industry-leading automotive repair shops, world-class technician’s and a sales and support staff second to none, according to their website. Daniel Groen, Regional Manager for The Detroit Garage said “Joe is constantly growing and training as a technician and has been throughout his career. He actively trains our new team members, pushing them to obtain professional success and pride with ASE Certifications. This persistent pursuit of auto repair knowledge and growth is some of what sets Joe apart from his peers. Hybrid, electrical, and diesel vehicles do not deter Joe from the industry but inspire him to gain the expertise to lead his facility, and someday multiple facilities, to the success this challenging industry can achieve.”
Joe is constantly growing and training as a technician and has been throughout his career. He actively trains our new team members, pushing them to obtain professional success and pride with ASE Certifications.Daniel Groen, Regional Manager for The Detroit Garage
The 2022 U.S. Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year Finalists include:
- Joe Stewart; The Brighton Garage; Brighton, Michigan; Auto-Wares Group of Companies
- Daniel Barrion; Ace Auto Repair & Tire; San Ramon, California; Trimon, Inc.
- Rafael Borja; Robertson Automotive; Tyler, Texas; ABC Auto Parts, Ltd.
- Chris Broom; BroomAuto; Ruston, Louisiana; Parts Warehouse, Inc.
- Jack Byers; Graham Tire; Worthington, Minnesota; Merrill Company
- Phil Clark; Barnes Auto Service; Louisville, Kentucky; Moog Louisville Warehouse
- Ross Colket; Colket Technical; Lansdale, Pennsylvania; Eastern Warehouse Distributors, LLC.
- John Kincaid; Grainger Automotive, LLC; Bean Station, Tennessee; Hahn Automotive Warehouse
- Vernon McCann; The McCannic Shop; Evant, Texas; 4M Parts Warehouse
- Greg Mertz; Len’s Auto Repair; Cottleville, Missouri; All Car Automotive Warehouse, Inc.
- Bart Woyczik; Fred’s Brake and Alignment; La Crosse, Wisconsin; Automotive Parts Headquarters, Inc.